March 8 | 10am to 11am | FREE
Phone in toll-free from anywhere in BC
Celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD) with three women who are on a mission to achieve gender equality in BC!
On March 8, Women’s Enterprise Centre is hosting a timely dialogue unpacking what feminism means in 2018 and the status of gender equality in BC today. We want to unite all regions of our province to rally for progress as part of the push for gender equality around the world.
Last year, ‘feminism’ was declared Word of the Year by Merriam-Webster. And this year, the Canadian theme for IWD is #MyFeminism. Our panelists will explore this hot topic in an accessible dialogue that will educate and inspire you to take action.
Fiona Macfarlane is EY’s Chief Inclusiveness Officer, an external role where she spreads the message about how diversity and inclusion in the workforce are important for the health of all businesses. Jill Earthy and Lois Nahirney are two advocates who have tirelessly led the WE FOR SHE movement in BC since it started in 2014.
You’ll learn the four P’s of parity so you can improve your own community:
- Problem – The gender gap and some stats that may surprise you
- Progress – Our achievements in BC as a leader in gender equality
- Plan – Actions you can take in your own life, business and community
- Praise – Examples of successful diversity programs and what you can learn from them
Join this free Equality Matters dialogue by calling in from anywhere in BC and invite a friend. Men are welcome – everyone needs to be part of the conversation!
- Fiona Macfarlane, Chief Inclusiveness Officer, Managing Partner, BC, Ernst & Young LLP
- Jill Earthy, WE FOR SHE Co-Chair, Chief Growth Officer, FrontFundr
- Lois Nahirney, WE FOR SHE Co-Chair, President & CEO, dnaPower Inc.
Facilitator: Kerrilee Auger, Skills Development Officer, Women’s Enterprise Centre