Business is booming and it’s time to get some help… but should you hire an employee or a contractor? What are the pros and cons of each that you should consider before you start?
How you hire someone can be as important as who you hire.
We’ve partnered with two HR professionals who will dispel some myths and outline the legalities of employment contracts, so you can avoid hiring pitfalls, stay on CRA’s good side and start your new work relationship on the right foot.
During the session, you’ll learn:
- The difference between an employee and contractor, and why it matters
- The key pieces an employment contract should include
- Your obligations to employees, according to CRA
Join us on January 23 to get your questions answered by HR specialists!
Facilitator: Kerrilee Auger, Skills Development Manager, Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Shawnee Love, President, LoveHR, West Kelowna
- Sofia Arisheh, Principal, Upskill Consulting, Langley