Unprecedented collaboration within the BC business community has resulted in the release of an action plan for government, industry and individuals to support women’s economic impact.
The WEB Alliance, a dynamic collective of over 25 women’s business networks, representing over 10,000 professional and entrepreneurial women in BC, today announced the release of a report “Women as a Catalyst for Growth: A BC Action Plan,” which identifies key barriers and solutions to increasing the economic impact of women in British Columbia.
The report reveals extensive opportunities to grow the impact of women in senior leadership, entrepreneurship, and non-traditional roles and emerging sectors that can and should be acted on now by government, industry and individuals.
The Action Plan: In the News
- Yahoo News: Tackling Canada’s gender pay gap
- Global News: Gender wage gap for B.C. women in workforce prompts calls for change
- Business in Vancouver: Want to boost B.C.’s economy? Put more women in charge
- 24 Hours: Report highlights barriers women face
- Globe & Mail: Gender pay gap in Canada more than twice global average, study shows
- Vancity Buzz: Gender gap in B.C.’s workforce prompts action
- Kelowna Now: Women in B.C. Make $8K Less Than Men in Comparable Jobs